Sells new accounts and renews existing accounts in alignment with agency and individual goals, while building relationships with clients. Identifies and solicits sales prospects from various sources.
B. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Presents sales proposals in a professional manner.
- Makes the sale and collects necessary deposits, arranges for binders, certificates, etc. Collects all premiums due on or before effective date of coverage.
- Negotiates annual new and renewal production goals with Sales Manager.
- Develops prospects through an organized agency-directed solicitation program, prospects for referrals from current accounts, and targets marketing leads through community affiliations and other contacts.
- Develops information and recommendations for prospective accounts, presents sales proposals, and adheres to agency policies and procedures for writing a new account.
- Establishes servicing procedures and timelines when necessary for designated accounts.
- Establishes payment arrangements for each new/renewal account, adhering to agency guidelines and policies and procedures regarding the payment of policy premium.
- Performs periodic service calls on designated accounts.
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and attention to detail when interacting with customers, as well as when working with agency and company personnel to minimize potential for error or omission claims.
- Identifies and solicits sales prospects from various sources provided by the agency, through cold calls, mailings, internet marketing, and phone contacts.
- Solicits referrals from existing agency accounts with a target of an average of two referrals per account annually.
- Assists in resolving any problems in accounting or claims for accounts produced when necessary.
- Coordinates timely presentations for both new and renewal business.
- Assists in marketing accounts where appropriate due to relationships or product expertise.
- Documents all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Aggressive and assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others with demonstrated effective verbal and written presentation skills. Willing to travel as required.
Expected to meet monthly new business revenue goals through a variety of sources: cold calls, referrals, niche marketing, digital marketing, etc.
D. WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT
Fast-paced multitasking office environment. Employees are provided a dedicated workstation with basic ergonomic setup features such as an ergonomic keyboard and mouse, dual monitors, and an adjustable chair. Workstation accommodations and adjustments are provided upon request and evaluation.
E. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be physically able to work a minimum of <Enter Number of Hours> hours per week in the office. The employee is regularly required to see, hear, and project voice well enough without amplification. There is frequent need for the employee to stand, sit, walk, use repetitive small motor activity, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 30 pounds; to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to ascend and descend stairs. This position requires a high-energy level and ability to handle stress-related situations on a daily basis. The employee may be required to drive and travel unaccompanied in diverse weather conditions.
F. OTHER REQUIREMENTS (PREREQUISITES)
Maintains knowledge of underwriting criteria for agency carriers. Assists in collecting premiums when called upon with any uncollected premiums become the responsibility of the Producer.
Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and demonstrate proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to all Microsoft Office software suite programs.
Candidate must satisfactorily complete pre-hire employment assessments and maintain a satisfactory driving record. Candidate may be asked to submit to a drug and/or alcohol screening. A civil and criminal history background check will be performed at the company’s expense. Physical attendance is required at regular and/or mandatory company meetings. Employees are encouraged to pursue relevant professional designations; however, this is not required.
G. APPLICABLE LAWS
This employer complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These laws include, but are not limited to:
- ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990.
- EEO: This is an equal opportunity employer. The agency provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- OSHA: The employer will comply with OSHA requirements as applicable.
This job description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management with or without notice at any time. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.